T.G.I.F.

Today started great. My plan was to take Parker to the doc since he is way overdue for his checkup and ask about his suddenly developed aversion to sleep. I thought maybe an ear infection could be to blame but nope, he is perfect, just has a deep resentment toward my sanity. On the way home we go through the Chick Fil A drive through with the intention of getting home, eating as fast as we can manage and then getting back in the car to pick Braxton up from school.

Apparently your children know when you have perfectly laid out plans and are actually managing to stick with them. A few blocks from the house my friend calls asking if I can pick her son up as well. Not a problem, they are only a few feet from each other at the school and he is really good at my house. At this point Rogan has decided that he needs to get out of his car seat for some reason I will never understand. Inevitably I have to brake and he flies across the car and hits his head.

Great, now I have to get off the phone since I can't hear and yell at him about the dangers of not wearing a seat belt. Once I pull into the driveway I turn around to yell some more and see the blood. The kid had managed to hit something while flying around the car and bust his head open. I grab him up, run in the house and pour water over it to see how bad the cut really is. We are going to have to go back to the doctor. It wasn't really bad but it looked like maybe a stitch or two was needed.

So now we are back in the car. I call my husband because now I have two children who are about to be stranded at school and he makes the hour drive back from work to pick them up. I make it to the doctors office and they get Rogan cleaned up and the wound glued together. At least that worked out well, no stitches means no more screaming. We finally head back home but I have two exhausted children who haven't had a chance to eat anything but fries. Oh well, I guess they can eat healthy later. I am just glad we are finally home and not leaving again for a while!

0 comments: