Prayers For Rocco




Sunday afternoon the whole family went outside and cleaned up the yard and Rocco was running all around with us. Monday morning I realized that he hadn't eaten his food Sunday night and only 1/2 of it that morning. A few hours later I realized that he had thrown up all his food and wasn't acting right. He was pretty lazy and if you know my dog, that is NEVER the case. Monday night he still wasn't eating and ended up throwing up again that night. We went to bed and this morning when I went to get him he had thrown up several times in his crate. I called the vet and made an appointment and we got ready to go but the whole time the poor guy is sick. They ran some tests and we found out that he has Parvo.

They are keeping him in isolation with IV's and stuff for at least the next 48 hours. The vet will call me then and let me know how he is doing and if she thinks he may get through it. Hopefully we caught it early and they can keep him hydrated. There isn't a cure, the virus has to run its course. The best we can hope for is that they can be him stable until it is over. Of course, this brings on the money debate. Can we really afford to spend $500 on vet bills? We can't just let him die if there is a chance he will live. UGH! This is just crazy. So, say a prayer for Rocco please!

0 comments: