Oreo Truffles

So, a friend of mine made these and they are amazing! My favorite part...3 ingredients. I am going to post a tutorial since I have had a few people ask how to make them.

Ingredients:
1 package of Oreo's
1 (12 ounce) container of whipped cream cheese (very room temperature)
chocolate flavored almond bark

You can use chocolate or CandiQuik but I have found the almond bark is easier to work with and is much prettier.

Step 1: Put Oreo's into a food processor and pulse until they are crumbs. I work in batches since my food processor holds about 6 cookies at a time.



Step 2:
Add the room temperature whipped cream cheese to the Oreo's and mix until it is well blended.







Step 3:
Roll the mixture into balls. I usually use a melon scoop but I just got out a spoon for these and made them a little smaller. After I roll them into balls I put them in the freezer for a bit to chill and get really firm before I coat them with chocolate.



Step 4:
When these are about ready I melt the chocolate to coat them in. I like to use almond bark but the stores were all out so I used chocolate this time. I also prefer to use a double boiler but... anyway, make sure to be careful melting chocolate in a microwave. It burns incredibly easy! I melt the chocolate in 30 second intervals and stir really well between each. Once the chocolate is melted you just add the truffles a couple at a time and roll them in the chocolate. I used cocktail forks to roll them and then place them on wax paper to cool and let the chocolate harden.







As far as decorating them... I think they look good as they are or you can drizzle melted white chocolate over them. I have also reserved some of the crushed Oreo's to sprinkle on them before the chocolate dries. I am not sure how long they are good for but have never had an issue since they disappear so quickly. I have some of the uncoated truffles in my freezer and I am curious to see how long they store.

Another idea I have yet to try but I think would be amazing is if you were to use the mint Oreo's in the mix. It sounds delicious and if you try it please let me know!

Enjoy!

0 comments: