U-G-L-Y You ain't got no alibi.

Oh my poor, neglected blog....

Anyway....

I was hanging out with Park the other day, like most days, and he kept messing with my feet. Ugh. Things went something like this:

Me: PARKER! Stop messing with mommas ugly toes!
Parker: You stop messing with my ugy toes!
Me: Parker there is not an ugly thing on that little body of yours.
Parker: Uh huh, I got some ugy toes.

Now this was all cute and funny but it's times like these when my heart breaks a little.

Reason #1. I am his mom. I think he is perfect. Every bump or scrape. All of his fingers and toes, eyes and ears, mouth and nose. His personality, his sense of humor. Everything. I do not want my awful self esteem to rub off on him and I want him to see the amazing(ness) of him!

Reason #2. For me this was one of those moments I forget way too quickly!!! God so clearly saying that I am perfect. Well, I may not be perfect, I make mistakes, but in His eyes I am His perfect creation. All the things I complain about, old scars, freckles, a ginormous birth mark. Those are there because God himself put them there. Who am I really to say that my feet are ugly? Why can't I see the amazing(ness) in me?

God, please help me to see what you see in me! And also, help me to see it in others!

That's all. :)

0 comments: