Back in the saddle

I have not been couponing the way I was. Or at all really. It takes time and well, I just didn't want to spend time on it. But here we go again.

Yesterday I spent a total of $221.25 and saved $120.49. Could I have done better? YES! But since we were out of a lot I had to but what was available and not what was on sale and since I have been forgetting the paper each week I didn't have some of the coupons I could have.

I won't share everything but here is my trip to Publix:


Here is what I bought:
2 YoBaby Yogurt 4 packs (found a coupon after I got home!)
2 Select Harvest soups
3 Gerber fruit puffs
4 Ragu spaghetti sauce
2 bagged salads
1 quart heavy cream (that stuff was $5!)
2 cans evaporated milk
2 small containers of Country Crock
20 jars of Beech Nut baby food
1 box Beech Nut baby oatmeal
2 Pillsbury breadsticks
2 Pillsbury cinnamon rolls
2 boxes of Capri Suns (not pictured)
10 Yoplait yogurts
2 Blue Diamond salted almonds (1 isn't in the pic because I was eating it)
eggs
20 pack of Coke (not pictured)
Cottonelle toilet paper (not pictured)

Okay, I know that is a long list. The one from Winn Dixie is longer! And when you are shopping with 2 small children you can only imagine how long it takes to get everything and make sure all your coupons are ready and for the right thing!

Anyway--- Here are a few of the things that I bought and what I paid for them.

THE BAD

COKE! I try to pay between $1.50 and $2.50 at most for a 12 pack. Instead I paid $5.99 for 20.

Carnation evaporated milk. I bought this at Publix even though I knew it was on sale at Winn Dixie because of time issues. I ended up spending 70 cents more than I would have. It isn't a lot but things like that add up!

THE GOOD

20 jars of Beech Nut baby food. This isn't really my favorite but she doesn't eat a lot of it and for the price I couldn't pass it up.

20 jars at 57 cents each = $11.40
but they were BOGO = $5.70
and a $2 coupon = $3.70
which makes each jar 18.5 cents!

10 Yoplait yogurt. It amazes me how much yogurt costs! My boys eat it all the time and Ryleigh eats one every morning for breakfast. I rarely buy any for myself because of the price.

10 yogurts at 75 cents each = $7.50
on sale for 50 cents = $5.00
1 target q for 50 cents off of 10= $4.50
2 mani q's for 50 cents off of 4 = $3.50
making each one 35 cents!

And my last favorite. Blue Diamond almonds.

2 cans of almonds at $3.19 each = $6.38
on sale BOGO = $3.19
2 q's for 50 cents off = $2.19
making each can of almonds $1.09!


Not the best trip but I am not complaining! Hopefully I can stick to it this time around! I like to save money and the more I save the more we can do for others! Not to mention all the food I can donate now!!!

0 comments: