If Your Friends Jumped Off a Cliff...

Would you do it too???

Well, IF they lived to tell about it, then YES. I probably would.

It's a new year as everyone by now realizes and for the last 28 of those I have managed to not set any resolutions. I just don't really get it. If I'm going to do something I just start doing it. I don't need to wait for a new year or a certain day of the week or a date on the calendar. Maybe I'm weird. (HA! I said MAYBE!)

But lately I look at my life, the everyday ins and outs, and something has to change. It seems like everyone I know is making lists and so I figure I can too. I'm not trying to jump on a bandwagon or copy anyone but I do believe that if a majority of people you know are trying something there is not harm in trying it out also. If you don't try new things because it's what everyone else is doing then how are you going to find your passions and things that are just fun. (and when I say this I do not mean we should all go out and party it up without a care in the world because I knew people in that scene that didn't live to tell about it) ANYWAY. Yes. God has made me for a specific purpose. Different from any of you but for now, this is it. It's what I got and I am hoping it works.

I am going to blog.

I was aiming for once per week but... what day is this??? I don't care if I write 5 words. I have a whole lot to say and for some unknown reason I feel like everyone out there ought to read it. I'm sure it will be mostly random, I need to update on our new foods! There will be more to come. I am determined. And if you don't see one for a while, text me, call me, email me, smack me, something. Please.

I am going to read my bible DAILY.

My goal for this year is to read the bible. The WHOLE thing. This is the one thing I am on track for so far. I do not care if I understand all the words I am reading at the time but I will read every begot in that book. I will read front to back, well, as front to back as I can with an ebook. I have a daily plan and two amazing people to hold me accountable.

That's it. Really. Of course there are other things I want to do but those two above are things that are important to me and I want to be incredibly serious about.

Other things I have going on:

Learning sign language. It's simply amazing. It's time to myself.

Sing! I absolutely love it!!! Even if I'm not really that good. Me and the boys will be singing a lot. It makes the whole house happy!

I want to run a 5k. At some point. There are quite a few ladies out there right now gearing up for one and it is exciting to see! I would probably have a stroke trying to run to the mailbox. But if my 7 year old son can run 3 miles then I had better at least try. I simply want to be healthy. I want to play with my kids without needing a break every few minutes.

My very last birthday month is coming. Let's make it a good one.

Make it to level 85.

Figure out what this next chapter of our lives is going to look like. No more babies. It's time to watch them grow! I know this is a "rest of my life" kinda goal but I better get used to it at some point.

So. If you see me. Ask. I am probably the most candid person ever (although this is not always a good thing). But I need people there, behind me, with a cattle prod. Here's to 2011!!!

0 comments: