I can't feel my legs!

**Before I start I just want to say how proud I am of ALL my amazing friends who ran 5 and 15k's this morning!!! So inspiring! One of my goals is to start running this year so we will see!!!**

My hubs and kids had this wonderful idea to start working out. They normally do a few exercises here and there before bed like sit ups, push ups and leg lifts. I haven't done any of these things since high school yet here we go!

We found a website hundredpushups.com and have begun!

We are doing push ups, sit ups and squats. Not sure if we are going to try the pull ups or not since it is dark when we get around to the work out. I think the goal is to be able to do 100 push ups in 6 weeks. CRAZY! I cannot believe I am actually going to admit how out of shape I am. When I say I sit around all day.... I really do!

Week 1, Day 1


Push Ups - Set 1 - 10
Set 2 - 12
Set 3 - 7
Set 4 - 7
Set 5 - MAX of 9 (I had a little help)

Sit Ups - Set 1 - 9
Set 2 - 9
Set 3 - 6
Set 4 - 6 (with a little help)
Set 5 - MAX of 10 (with a little help)

Squats - Set 1 - 13
Set 2 - 16
Set 3 - 9
Set 4 - 9
Set 5 - MAX of 35

I didn't have a real problem with the squats. I may have been leaning to far forward though. When all is said and done... LAME! I did need some help but I am hoping to improve! My arms and legs are completely numb!

When you see me hobbling around church in the morning this new adventure is why. I will update again soon so wish me luck!

0 comments: