Rant: Things people say about my kids and me.

So, I just need to get all this out.

1. I am telling someone that I plan on taking the kids to the beach this summer.
Their response? You're going to take all of them? By yourself?

Ok genius. What does this even mean??? No, I just thought I would take the bigger ones and leave the little ones fending for themselves at the house. I mean really. Yes I am going to take all of them. By myself. They are my kids. Why wouldn't I be able to take them somewhere by myself. I get that I am outnumbered by a decent amount but unless there is a mouse in my pocket, it is just me. Do you suggest I sit at home all day, everyday? Because I have more than your typical 2.whatever children I am not capable of going places with them?!

On to the next.

2. Breastfeeding. Do I even need to go here? First of all, it's not any of your business. Second, my baby is 13 months. She isn't 13. Unfortunately I will more than likely have to give it up soon since I will be out of town for a week in July. I don't have a problem with anyone who formula feeds their baby. All I ask is that you return the favor. I don't say anything when I see a mom put a bottle in bed with her baby until they are 2 so I really don't appreciate when I get put down for nursing as long as I have. She will quit when she is ready. There is a limit with this that I understand. I do not feel it's appropriate for me if she can sit up and ask for it but until that time comes we will go with what she needs from me. There is a LOT more to be said on this but you get the idea...

3. When are you going to put her in a bigger, forward facing, car seat?

I'm not. Is that an ok answer? If you have seen my child then you know she is the size of a 6 month old. There is absolutely no reason at all to take her out of an infant carrier. The law is one year and 20 pounds. My carrier is for children up to 35 pounds and if she is comfortable in it then I have no plans to change. More children are injured in wrecks in forward facing car seats than rear facing ones for many reasons. If you want statistics, look them up.

4. Babies having babies. REALLY?! Ok, RUDE!!! and not your business. Then you want to be all nice and sweet when I tell you that I am (almost) 30. And who on earth thinks it is ok to ask someone their age?! Not your business! Yes, I know, when I get to be your age I will appreciate it.

5. How do you stay so skinny? I have no flippin' clue. I get it. I am super skinny. I am 95 pounds. BUT I am also 4'11". I would like to gain weight. Really I would. I know, I know, you will be happy to give me yours but I am looking for an actual answer. I get extremely uncomfortable in conversations about weight. People always stare at me. Believe it or not, being underweight has just as many issues as being overweight but don't worry, I won't say any of those for fear of the lovely comments everyone so willingly spout out.

6. Are all of these kids yours? Yes. And I really do get where this question is coming from. I look 10. I have 4 children. Makes sense. It's the fact that people act like 4 kids is such a freakishly large number. I know it is a lot but my goodness. Whatever happened to children being a blessing? My kids are pretty awesome.


I guess that is it. Just had to get a couple of things off of my chest. I am sure everyone has a few things that really irk them and I am probably guilty of being the person delivering those aggravating comments. It happens but at least now I feel better.

0 comments: