Practice What You Pinterest: No Bake Energy Bites

Here we go!

This is the first post in this new series. Basically I am going to be taking ideas I find on Pinterest and letting you know what I think about it. If you are familiar with Pinterest then check out this post. These are all just my thoughts and opinions that I am going to share with all of you!

First up, No Bake Energy Bites. This is a recipe from Smashed Peas and Carrots. This is a blog that I really enjoy. Recipes, reviews, giveaways, crafts and lots more. I am telling you the Creamy Chicken Enchiladas... YUMMY! But back to the point.

One of my first finds when joining Pinterest was this recipe. Looked so good and the no bake part is always a plus! I won't post the whole recipe since that is what their blog is for but it is basically this: oatmeal, coconut, peanut butter, honey, mini chocolate chips and ground flax seed. Mix it together. Chill and then roll into balls. That is it! I am not a huge peanut butter fan but I am in love. I think I have made them 5 times in the past couple of months and 3 times I doubled the recipe. They are pretty much a staple at my house.

Just a few helpful hints: I omit the flax seed. Not for any reason except that I don't have it. I think it would be an awesome addition and the kids wouldn't even complain that they are eating something good for them. Tonight when I made these I used half and half vanilla extract and coconut extract. I really wanted a little more coconut flavor and this seemed to do the trick. The only other thing I have to say is to think before adding those few (or not so few) extra chocolate chips. I may or may not have dumped a little extra in the bowl and mixed them in before chilling. When I went to shape the mix into balls it wouldn't stick together. I had to really squeeze to get them to form at all. So, if you do add a little extra of the dry ingredients make sure you have a little extra of the wet ingredients to hold it all together.

All I can say other than that is try not to eat them all at once and save a few for the kids! Super easy and only 5 ingredients. It doesn't get better!

There it is. My first review. I will try to add pictures in the upcoming ones if I have them so I don't bore you with text, text and more text. Until then!

0 comments: