Practice What You Pinterest: Circle Zip Earbud Pouches

Many of you know that I sing at church. Let's not go into whether or not I do it well or if it is my charming personality that makes them keep me around. Either way, there it is. What no one realizes is that every time I get half way to church just to remember that my earbuds are at home and I have to turn around to go get them. I have been looking for something to keep them in for a while now. I was originally thinking something that the cord can wrap around as well but then I came across this little zippered pouch. I love it! Not only can I keep my earbuds (or really anything) in it, I can also put it on my key chain. Now I really can't forget them! The tutorial comes from www.erinerickson.com and was incredibly easy to follow.

I know a lot of you do not sew at all but for those who do, even beginners, I would recommend this tutorial! I had all of the materials at my house so I made this item for free! I have made a couple and so I did go out and buy a few zippers because I have a couple more in the works. Prior to this I had never installed a zipper but with the instructions and the pictures to follow it went very smooth. From start to finish this project took me about an hour and that includes the kiddos running around. The pouch ends up being a good size, I think about 5 inches around, and you can make it with any fabric pattern you want. I would like to try to make this in a fake leather material and see how it would turn out.

The basic instructions are to cut out your materials following the downloadable pattern provided. You need a main fabric, a lining fabric and an interfacing. I used a piece of felt. You will have two half circles that you will attach the zipper to and then a whole circle for the back piece. Sew them together with right sides facing and turn it inside out. Then add a top stitch. There are a few more little steps but that is the basics. Super easy and these would make a great gift for just about anyone! If you have any questions about these please ask.

Here are the two that I have made so far:



and mine:



Enjoy!

0 comments: