Week 6 Update

Lots going on! I prayed that getting sick would not be bad but so much for that. I can smell just about anything from a mile away and it all makes me gag. I am sure Charles thinks I am the biggest whiny baby in the whole world but it's ok. This is the last time so we better enjoy all of it, even the not so enjoyable parts. The baby is now the size of a sweet pea:

There are arms, legs, and a heartbeat. I usually go to The Bump once a week to see what all is going on in there. Things are kind of crazy for me at the moment. I usually like to consider myself a healthy person. I was getting migraines but after stopping birth control they went away and I had awful back pain after Parker was born but after a while with a chiropractor I felt much better. With that said, the last couple of weeks have been CRAZY!

After the asthma and heart murmur stuff I started spotting. I called the hospital and talked to a doctor and explained what was going on and it stopped so things are working out okay. Last night however I got this awful headache that would not go away. I couldn't focus on anything and when I would try there were just big white spots everywhere. I couldn't see with my peripheral vision either. It was the weirdest thing. I probably should have gone to the ER but since I had an appt. this morning and it eventually went away I figured I would just mention it today.

I had an appt. at 9 this morning and it went well. Unfortunately, I didn't get to see the OB (I changed my mind again and decided to see my OB of 7 years and not change) but the nurse was helpful. I weighed 106 1/2 lbs. which is good. 2 weeks ago I weighed 115 but I am sure the not eating much and being sick helped with that. I had lots more blood work done and the nurse suggested I call my primary doctor and update him on the headaches. I am still waiting for a call back from them. I feel bad calling them since I canceled the last test they wanted me to do and there isn't a whole lot of options as far as medication at this point.

I would feel a LOT less anxious if I KNEW things are going well with the baby. The OB doesn't like to do ultrasounds before 7 weeks so I have to wait. My next appt. is on the 21st and hopefully I will have some better answers and pics of the little peanut! Until next week...

0 comments: