A Girl Changes Everything

Rogan and I were sitting on the bed changing Ryleigh's diaper the other day. Here is the conversation that followed.

Rogan: Where is her weener?
Me: She doesn't have one. She's a girl.
Rogan: Oh. Do you have a weener?
Me: No.
Rogan: OK.

*Braxton comes in the room*

Rogan: Braxton, Mom doesn't have a weener.
Braxton: (in his most matter of fact tone) Yes she does.
Rogan: No she doesn't.
Braxton: Mom, do you?
Me: No.
Braxton: Then what do you have?
Me: We'll talk about it later.


Having a girl is such a new experience. From the little things like dresses and hairbows to the bigger things like how we teach our boys to look out for her and protect her. The house has a gentler side to it now. I am giving up my position as the only girl in the house and I think I have done well so far. The boys are showing their sweet side a little more. I've only known this little princess for 3 weeks but I absolutely love her and all the changes she is bringing to our family, big and small.

0 comments: